Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year

So we are a few days into our new year - I still can't believe it is 2010. My little girl will be 2, I will have my ten-year high school reunion, and I'll have been married for four years. But I am also praying this year will be a year of healing for me - in relationships with God, my marriage, my family but in addition, a year of healing physically. For me, a lot of that is weight-related. I proactively started living a healthier lifestyle in November and in my weigh-in yesterday, found that I've now lost a total of ten pounds. I've not lost as much over the past three weeks with the kids being out of school; I've not exercised nearly as much as I like to or want.

I know I should be happy about that ten pounds - it's 1/9 of my goal to a healthy weight. However, it makes me a bit nervous and I don't feel like it's a major achievement. I can drop 10 pounds fairly easily and this time, I did it in about a month. But I've been fluxing ten over and under the 225 mark for the last year and a half. In some ways I don't feel like my weight loss journey begins until I get to 200; that is what I had gotten down to before I got pregnant with Emily. But from past experience, when I lose about 25-30 pounds, I then start feeling better about myself and get sloppy. Then the weight will creep back on plus some. I want this to be a lifestyle change for me but I am apprehensive right now and am reluctant to celebrate.

But anyway, here are my stats for the week:

Starting weight (11/24/09): 236
Last week's weight: 228
Current weight: 226
Total pounds lost: -10

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are still sticking to your goals. I heard last week that you weight x 15 = the amount of calories you should be eating a day to maintain that weight. For every inch over 5 feet you should add 5 lbs to 100. If you're 20lbs over that you should still be an average weight.

    So basically, to ever be what I used to be again, I will always have to eat about 1800 calories or less. Ah. But that's why they say weight loss requires a life style change. I'm getting there. Slowly. I'm definitely not eating late at night and saying no to a lot of sugar and comfort foods.

    I hope your weight loss continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete