Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 2: Finished!

So, day two of the new eating plan has come and (almost) gone. It's been a good day, though I'm tired tonight, probably due to the fact that I had to get up five times last night to go to the bathroom. *sigh* The joys of the last month of pregnancy!

Since it is Monday, today is a weigh-in day and I was thrilled to find that I had only gained a half a pound for this week. Yeah! That has been my goal over the last month, to keep it at half a pound a week during this 3rd trimester. Puts my total pregnancy weight so far at 12.4 pounds. As my OB wants me to keep it between 15-20 pounds, I actually think I will be able to manage that.

I did have quite a bit of energy earlier on in the day, and had to force myself to lay down for an hour while Emily napped. I dozed, but didn't really sleep. I did struggle with hunger more today, so I built in a couple more snacks into my menu tomorrow that still keeps me within my calorie goals.

I did love exercising this morning! I actually felt energized after 40 minutes of yoga, and then Emily and I walked a mile this afternoon while I was avoiding the munchies.

The biggest benefit I am doing on my own in all this is getting ready the night before. I plan my daily menu, plug it in, get as much done on meals for tomorrow that I can, and have been working on getting the house picked up as much as possible before bed. Maybe I'm nesting? I don't know... I am tired tonight, but I think a lot of that is the pain in my hands/wrists/arms. I should get my wrist braces tomorrow, and am hoping that will help keep the swelling down and pressure off of the nerves (I've been doing my hand exercises today and doing ice treatments tonight). A huge blessing is that my insurance covers the braces. Yeah!! I was hating the idea of having to pay for wrist braces that I will only use for a few weeks, but I called my company to see what coverage I have with medical supplies, and yep, they are covered so long as my doctor writes a prescription for them. He did late this afternoon, so I'll pick it up tomorrow and Lord willing, have them by the afternoon, if not sooner. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment