Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Slight Change to the Eating Plan

It has been 10 days since I changed my eating plan and so far, so good! I have had to change up a few things, but they are helpful. For instance, instead of my fruit/protein shake for breakfast, I'm actually eating a bowl of Cream of Wheat. Yes, I eat Cream of Wheat. And yes, I also love grits. I suppose I'm multi-cultural!

Why Cream of Wheat? Well, I'm running anemic, but added an additional supplement with my prenatal vitamin is too much for me and my little guy, so I'm back to the old standard I did during college. Did you know that one bowl of cream of wheat has 50% of your daily iron intake? Emily even eats it; I gave it to her as a baby starting at six months (instead of rice cereal), so she has enjoyed having it occasionally for breakfast again over the past week.

So anyway, yes, Cream of Wheat for breakfast. Then when the kiddos eat lunch (about 11:00), then I have my fruit/protein shake. More solid foods come around in the form of a light lunch around 1-2, then supper for dinner. I've actually had a lot less heartburn during the day with eating like this. My energy level goes up and down, but some days I blame on being pregnant. Yet it is nice to know that I'm eating enough calories now, even though half the day is liquid! Liquid is good when your tummy is squished up, so at this point, I don't care if I'm drinking them or not.

Emily and I have also been taking more walks; 4-5 times a week we will walk at least a mile once or twice a day. She loves it, and it's good for me and baby progression! :-) But anywhoo, the husband is asking for the computer, so I need to go. I will update more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment